I specialise in going in to businesses who do not have a full time accounting resource and need some one-off assistance. This could be becuase:
· Your books are in a mess because the business has grown or changed in shape.
· You want to understand why the business is not generating as much cash as it should be.
· A new accounting package has been put in place but there are a legacy of problems arising from the changeover
· The bookkeeping appears to be being done in an inefficient way (e.g. duplication of data entry).
· The books are about to go off to the accountant but need tidying up first
· The bank wants some up to date accounts in order to review/extend a loan.
· You are thinking of selling the business and need a clearer picture of its worth.
· You are thinking of buying another business or making a major capital investment and need to forecast your cashflow more accurately to ensure you keep within your borrowing limits.
· The bookkeeper has left and you want to hand over the books to a new bookkeeper in a clean state
Whatever the reason I am called in, even if it is just to provide a healthcheck, I expect to add some value during my visit. This could be in the form of:
· Identifying additional VAT to be claimed
· Identifying debts to be chased
· Advice on banking arrangements
· Saving time through streamlining bookkeeping processes
· Creating routine reports for use in managing the business
You will find that my services are considerably more cost-effective than those of a firm of chartered accountants because I don’t have their overheads or compliance costs. I also provide a more personalised and flexible service than most accounting firms and can draw on a wider range of experience, having spent much of my career in commerce.
Initial visits/discussions are free and can be arranged at any time to suit the client. I subsequently charge by the hour.